Christmas Markets in Valencia
Even though the temperatures are still high, Valencia, on december, also begins to smell like Christmas atmosphere. The city wears lights and decorations, like the big Christmas tree in the Plaza del Ayuntamiento. The streets of Valencia, on Christmas time, begin to be full of typical Christmas Market, where find the most original presents to bring to your family or to the childrens for the day of Reyes Magos.
- Mercado de Navidad del Mercado Central, the traditional Christmas market of Valencia, settend from 1st of december in the streets around the Central Market. A lot of valencians come to see the 300 stands of the market, tasting typical Christmas cakes, roasted chestnuts and gingerbread.Opening time: 1st december - 6th january, open all days from 10.00 a.m. to 10.00 p.m.
- Feria de Artesania de Navidad, in Plaza de la Reina, reached its tenth edition and is organized by 24 local artisans, who display their goods in front of the Catedral and its Miguelete.Opening time: 2nd december - 8th january, from 10.30 a.m. to 2.00 p.m. and from 4.30 p.m. to 9.00 p.m.
- Mercado de Navidad del Mercado Colon. Inside of the modern Market in Colon is organized, each year, a Christmas Market specifically dedicated to children: here it's possible shaking hands with Santa Claus and attend to magic shows. Opening time: 16th december - 5th january, open all days from 10.00 a.m. to 10.00 p.m.
- Mercado de Navidad del Cabañal. Open just during the first days of january (the days of los Reyes), this market is formed by about 200 stands.
- Mercado de Navidad del Nuevo Centro. In the famoust shopping center of Valencia it's possible to see a big collectionsof cribs, one of theme from Italy, and listen to fairy tales.Opening time: 25th november - 5th january, all days from 10.00 a.m. to 22.00 p.m..
- Feria de Attracciones de Navidad, in front of the Port of Valencia. It's not a market, but a real playground with a lot of attractions for childrens and adults. Opening time: 26th november - 22th january. From monday to thursday, from 6.00 p.m. to 00.00. Friday and saturday, from 6.00 p.m. to 01.30 a.m. Sunday, from 11.00 a.m. to 2.00 p.m. and from 6.00 p.m. to 01.00 a.m.