Diplomas in Spain and in United Kingdom don’t need necessarily the same years number. It exists different degrees as in UK :
- Diplomado : It takes two or three years.
- Licenciado : It is equivalent to the Bachelor in UK, but it is a little bit longer with four or five years of studies.
- Magister ou diploma especializada : It is the same than the Master, it is in two or three years. There is not really an equivalent for the Bachelor of Honour.
- Doctorado : It is like the British doctorate, and there are two or three more years after the Magister.
Different types of asignaturas (subjects) :
- asignaturas troncales : They are common subjects in all the Universities (public, private or religious) and it depends on what you are studying.
- asignaturas obligatorias : Students are obligated to attend some subjects if they are in the same course of study. Nevertheless, those subjects can change to one University to another.
- asignaturas optativas : They are subjects that the University choose freely. they allow student to specialized themselves for their future career.
- asignaturas de libre elección: They can be other subjects, seminars or sportive and artistic activities.